We arrived at St Thomas first thing in the morning. We wanted to take the Sky Ride up the mountain. Right off the boat there were tons of these lizards everywhere, you actually had to watch where you stepped.
This was the second time on this trip being in a place where they drive on the wrong side of the road. Here is a picture for proof. I dont think I could have driven around if we rented a car, way tooo weird if you ask me.
The ride up was kinda nerve racking. Jeff and I were the only ones in the Tram on the way up. There was only one cruise ship at St Thomas that day and it was ours. The day before they had 6 cruise ships, including the new one from Royal Caribbean which has over 6,500 people! In this picture you can actually see our cruise ship in the middle of the picture.
At the top of the mountain there was a bar and mmm mmmm good! Their specialty was called a Bushwacker. It is Baileys, and lots of liquor and fresh nutmeg on top. Talk about good! Lets just say I would be broke if the cruise ship had these drinks on board! This also was the first time we had internet in over 1 week. I was so excited to check out email and was hoping for news on our immigration.
We stayed up at the bar for hours just dirnking and looking at the wonderful view. I would LOVE to work there!!
Here is our cruise ship, not sure how they guided that big ship in this small area.
On the right side of the picture you can see the Tram we rode up.
It was neat, we actually saw a water plane land. Lots of action with all the boats and planes in the bay.
As you can see the clouds are rolling in... It put a damper on our plans for the rest of the day. We were going to go Megans Bay but it started to rain as we were leaving this gorgous view.
After we left the tram we headed to the flee markets for St Thomas. Some of you may know St Thomas is known for great shopping for great merchandise at a huge discount. So we went to the markets to find me a new wallet and ended up buying me a new Coach purse. SHHHH dont tell anyone its not real!! Ill post picture of that later.
The last picture is of the ship leaving the bay and it is raining. It was a GREAT day of drinking and looking at wonderful views.

Oh, pretty I want to go too. I love how blue the water looks even though it's raining. AMAZING!!!
ReplyDeleteOH!!! It makes me wanna go back! Glad you guys had a good time! Have you found a job up there yet?
ReplyDelete